Nowadays, more and more users are consuming video content. Video is one of the essential tools for brands to share information about their products and services, and expand their reach worldwide. According to a HubSpot research study, 79% of consumers prefer to watch a video than reading the text to learn about a brand’s products and services. Also, more than half of consumers are willing to buy a product with information in their native language. Hence, there is a massive demand for localized video content for global consumption.
Video localization has become an essential part of the business toolkit for any organization. It is a means of communication that offers an excellent opportunity to double your Return on Investment (ROI) from your video content. Thus, if you are already creating videos and want to reach out to customers all over the world, you absolutely need to localize your content.
So, what is video localization, and where does it fit into this digital age? Let’s find out!
What is video localization?
Video localization is the process of adapting video content to different cultures and audiences. It can be applied to various types of videos, such as promotional videos, e-learning videos, instructional guides, product reviews, interviews, and more.
Although the language is a big part of video localization, it is much more than that. The main idea of localizing your video content is to make it understandable and accessible to the foreign target audience. Furthermore, it helps to develop the right marketing message that will resonate with a specific audience.
The process of video localization begins with the original resource, which contains all the elements of the video, such as soundtracks, voiceovers, and graphics. This information is then changed in the localization process according to the needs and culture of the target audience.
For example, in the case of product review videos, make sure to localize the product according to the preferences of your audience. Otherwise, there will be a wastage of time and effort in offering them your valuable videos.
Tips for successful video localization
Below we’ve provided some best practices you can follow for successful video localization.
1. Every country has its cultural norms and legal requirements for doing business. Therefore, it is critical to conduct thorough research and find reliable sources of information to help you adapt your message to different cultures.
2. Hire the right talent for your localization project. Also, take a trial of several service providers to evaluate their performance before making the final decision.
3. Create engaging and valuable content that can capture a global audience.
4. There are different localization options, such as voice-over, subtitling, and dubbing. Thus, you need to decide which option will be appropriate for your video content.
5. Last but not least, make sure that your intended message is retained throughout the localization process.
Video is here to stay because people all over the world prefer visual content over textual information. Therefore, with the world getting more connected than ever, video localization is necessary for brands looking to increase their visibility and growth in international markets.
DUBnSUB is a Dubbing, Voice-over and Subtitling company with offices in Germany, France, USA, Myanmar and head office in Gurgaon (India). We specialize in Dubbing, Voice-over, Audio Description, Post Production, Localization, Subtitling & Closed Captioning in around 100 languages.
For any requirements/queries, please contact [email protected] or give us a call at +91 124 498 2484. We will be more than happy to help!